8 Summer Breakfast Recipes To Get You Ready For The Beach!
In this list:
- Green Cooler Smoothie
- Tropical Smoothie
- Smooth Cocoa
- Classic Apple Detox Smoothie
- Mango Green Smoothie
- Breakfast Bowls: Smoothie Edition
- Banana Bread Chia Pudding
- Multigrain Dosa/Idli With Paneer Bhurji
- Green Cooler Smoothie:
- Few leaves of Kale, as per taste.
- Half lemon
- 1 medium size pear
- ½ apple
- 1 tbsp. matcha powder
- Optional – Few spoons of coconut milk
Blend all the ingredients, in the blender, to form a thick smoothie.
Garnish with mint leaves.
2. Tropical Smoothie:
- Half cup yogurt
- Few slices pineapple
- Few slices Mango
- Medium sized banana
Blend all the ingredients, in the blender, to form a thick smoothie Add upto 50ml milk or water if you like it thinner.
Garnish with fresh pineapple or mango pulp.
3. Smooth Cocoa:
Mix all the ingredients and blend them in the blender, altogether.
4. Classic Apple Detox Smoothie:
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 apple
- 1 mini cucumber
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 cup water
Blend all the ingredients in the blender and enjoy!
5. Mango Green Smoothie:
- 1 cup milk
- Few slices of frozen mango
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder
- 1 medium sized banana
- Few leaves of spinach
Add all the smoothie ingredients to a blender.
Blend until smooth. ENJOY!
6. Smoothie Bowls:
- 4-5 tablespoons curd or yogurt (you can use flavored yogurt, but limit it to 2x a week as it contains sugar)
- A mix of your favorite summer fruits: pineapple, mango, apple, banana, kiwi, berries, muskmelon – you can use any combination of fruits to create a million different bowls.
- 2 tablespoons mixed seeds
- 3 tablespoons granola (optional)
Chop your fruits and mix all the ingredients into a medium-sized bowl! Serve cold, and keep trying different combinations until you find what you like.
You can also blend your mango into the yogurt to give it a flavored base. Here are some fruits I HIGHLY recommend for a delicious summer bowl: banana, muskmelon, mango, strawberries, apple.
7. Banana Bread Chia Pudding:
Pudding Base Recipe:
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or sweetener of choice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl. Leave on the counter at room temperature to thicken, about 15 minutes.
- Once thick, stir together again and add a splash of extra milk if needed.
- Now that the chia base is ready, keep it aside.
Banana Bread topping:
- 1 whole banana, halved
- 3 tablespoons powdered/ground chia seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Chopped walnuts to garnish
Mash half of the banana in a small bowl. Add the chia, cinnamon and almond milk and stir to combine. Allow the chia to sit for 10 – 15 minutes, or overnight. When ready to eat, add half the chia pudding into your jar. Layer on some slices of the remaining banana, then the rest of the chia pudding, the rest of the banana and some chopped walnuts.
8. Multigrain Dosa/Idli Batter With Paneer Bhurji
- 1 Cup Urad Dal – Split Black Gram
- 1 Cup White Rice
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Flaxseeds – Milled
- 1 Tablespoon Chana Dal – Split Bengal Gram
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt – Or to taste
- 1 Pinch Baking Soda – Optional
Soak the urad dal, brown rice, quinoa, oats, fenugreek seeds, flaxseeds and chana dal for 8-12 hours overnight.
Drain the mix and transfer to a blender. Add ½ cup of fresh water, baking soda, pink salt and blend. Optionally you could also add a little garlic and red chilli. You may need to add water again if it’s too thick or as per your preference.
Batter is ready. Heat your tava with 1 teaspoon olive oil / coconut oil / sesame oil / ghee and some onions.
Make 2 medium sized dosas or idlis, and serve with paneer bhurji.
- 50-60g grams paneer crumbled (or 4 cups milk, 2 tsps lemon juice)
- ½ – 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 green chilli (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic chopped or paste
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 pinch turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Add 1½ tbsp oil to a hot pan. Then add ½ tsp cumin seeds and allow them to splutter
Next add ½ cup finely chopped onions and 1 chopped green chilli. Allow it to brown in the pan
Then add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste or mince. Saute until the raw smell goes off.
Add 1 finely chopped tomato, pink salt, turmeric & garam masala.
Crumble paneer well and add to the pan.
Stir and fry till everything blends well just for 2 minutes. Taste it and check the salt and spice. If needed add more salt.
Turn off the stove. Add 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
Sprinkle some lemon juice before serving.